PROVING GROUNDS presented by Five Ten Event Description
SEPTEMBER 10-11, 2021
OREGON DIRT PARK | PRINEVILLE, OR
2019, saw the creation of the inaugural PROVING GROUNDS presented by Five Ten, a ground-breaking Freeride MTB competition that featured the worlds top pro and amateur athletes. The format blurred the lines between Big Mountain and Slopestyle and for the first time athletes were allowed to choose their line from multiple options that suited their skill, style and strengths. From Reed Boggs flawless win to Casey Brown’s historic run, the event was a game changer and was celebrated by the athletes, fans, media and industry.
Proving Grounds will no longer be a qualifier for Red Bull Rampage, instead it will branch off as its own individual big-bike freeride event (and soon to be series) seeking to fill the void in this segment of the industry. Proving Ground will provide a platform for athletes to show what they are capable of on a human-made course will feature multiple lines to let athletes choose their own path and style, with huge drops, massive doubles, berm presses and rhythm sections.
2021 Proving Grounds is set to return once again to the Oregon Dirt Park just outside of Bend, OR on September 10 – 11. The festival will include an invite only men & women’s categories with two days of competition; with Friday afternoon men & women’s jump jam, Saturday competition, two nights of camping, live music, product demo’s, movie premieres, food trucks, 10 Barrel beer garden
Brown made history in 2019 as the first woman to compete in Proving Grounds. In 2021 a stacked women's field including Hannah Bergemann, Samantha Soriano and more will be vying for the top spot.
*There will be a Confirmed Rider announcement at a later date.
Proving Grounds 2021 FAQ and COVID-19 mandates and protocols
Please read the all the following important information
H5 Events will be adhering to all state and local mandates and policies in regards to COVID-19.
As of Friday, Aug. 27, masks will be required in most public outdoor settings — regardless of vaccination status — where physical distancing is not possible.
H5 Events will put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but that H5 Events cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19 or any other infectious disease. I understand that it is not possible to prevent against the presence of COVID-19, and the risk of becoming exposed and/or infected by COVID-19
Without limiting the foregoing, H5 Events reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to postpone or cancel the Activity due to any formal or informal orders or recommendations issued by the CDC, public health or any other governmental official with respect to any plagues, epidemics, pandemics, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis, including COVID-19 (each, a “Public Health Crisis Event”). In the event of a Public Health Crisis Event, H5 Events will endeavor to inform participants as quickly as possible. Where the Activity has to be postponed or cancelled due to a Public Health Crisis Event, the Organization Parties shall not be liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs, injuries, losses, or damages suffered by participants in connection with such Public Health Crisis Event.
H5 Events reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, postpone, or cancel the Activity due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances outside of its reasonable control, including but not limited to, adverse weather conditions (including rain, lightning, or sustained winds), acts of God, or acts of terrorism (each, a “Force Majeure Event”). In the event of a Force Majeure Event, H5 Events will endeavor to inform participants as quickly as possible. Except as set forth below, where the Activity has to be modified, postponed, or cancelled due to a Force Majeure Event, H5 Events shall not be liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs, injuries, losses, or damages suffered by participants in connection with such Force Majeure Event.
For entry to the event you will be required to provide proof of Vaccination or proof of a negative test for COVID-19 taken no more than 72 hours be
- Children 2-11 years of age are not required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test but will be required to wear masks at all times and be under adult supervision while at the venue.
Please DO NOT come to the event if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including, but not limited to shortness of breath, fever or chills, cough, sore throat, fatigue, body aches and pains
Masks to be worn per the State of Oregon mandates
Masks are required to be on the shuttles to and from the event
Masks to be worn at all times in the vendor/food area unless actively eating or drinking
Masks are required when entering the ticketing area
Proving Grounds FAQ
What do I need to check-in?
- Please bring your printed ticket, or a screenshot of your ticket sent by Strideevents.com digitally, and a valid government-issued photo ID to the main ticket gate where you will be issued a wristband
Where do I check in and park?
- The ticket gate will be located at the main entrance of the Oregon Dirt Park. From there you will be directed on where to park and to catch a shuttle to the event.
- All campers please check in at the main ticket gate, there you will be instructed on how to get to the camp sites.
- Access to the event on Friday for campers will close at midnight
Where is Oregon Dirt Park located?
- Approximately 15 mins South East of Prinville at 12600 SE Juniper Canyon Rd, Prineville OR
How to access the event area?
- There will be a complimentary shuttle service to take you down to the event. The gate opens at 7:30am but shuttles will not start until approximately 8 - 8:15am. You are welcome to walk or ride your bike down to the event on an uneven dirt road (approx 0.9 miles and 250 feet of elevation) where there will be a complimentary bike valet. No bikes are allowed (except for staff and demo bikes from YT Industries) in the main event area
- Campers and RVs will be able to drive down to the event via an uneven dirt access road, but must first check in at the main ticket gate.
What's the weather going to be like?
- The Prineville area can experience temperatures ranging from 40°F to 90°F. Be prepared for a wide range of temperatures, and different weather. Friday there could be the chance of rain and thunderstorms, so pack accordingly. We recommend that you bring a hat, sunscreen and plenty of water to the venue with you.
Will I be able to buy food and drink at the event?
- Yes. There will be vendors on site to purchase food and drink. There will also be potable water available in the main venue area to fill bottles.
Do I need a ticket?
- Yes, all guests need a ticket over the age of 5. Ticket will be available at the event for $25
Is there merchandise?
- Yes. Proving Grounds merchandise will be available to purchase at the event
What is the event schedule?
September 10th (Friday)
1:00pm – Campground opens - ticket and parking passes required
Access to the event on Friday for campers will close at midnight
1pm - 3pm Open practice (campers only)
4 to 6pm - Jump Jam (campers only)
8pm TGR Accomplice Movie (campers only)
September 11th (Saturday) - Proving Grounds
7:30 am - Proving Grounds parking opens
7:30am Open practice
10am - Competition starts
4pm - Awards
6pm - Last shuttle to parking lot
7pm - event closes (except for campers)
September 12th (Sunday)
All campers to vacate by 12pm
**Proving Grounds spectator advisory**
Should you choose to attend, please note the following:
No personal motorized vehicles.
Spectators will be required to stay within designated viewing areas only
No pets are allowed except on lease in the campgrounds
Think ahead, be smart and come prepared. This isn't a resort. All on-site rules and requirements are necessary to ensure everyone's safety and enjoyment.
We're filming, so smile! By purchasing a ticket, you acknowledge and agree that you may appear in event coverage, which includes moving and still images, webcasts and TV shows.
Redmond Municipal Airport (RDM) is the closest airport. They have direct flights from Chicago, Denver, LA, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Seattle.
WHERE TO STAY:
- Location: Prinvelle, OR 97754
- Single Day Ticket
- 3 Day Camping Pass ( Includes Single Day Ticket)
- 3 Day Camping Pass + RV VEHICLE PASS ( Includes Single Day Ticket)
- 3 Day Camping Pass + Passenger or Sprinter VEHICLE PASS ( Includes Single Day Ticket)