This 1-week road bike tour for men and women August 19-25 explores Maui's wild and wonderful north shore, while being based out of one upcountry property.
On this bike tour, you will live and bicycle like a local, exploring some of Maui's most beautiful rides in the upcountry and east shore. It's a small, guided group and the ride is van-supported. (Shorter or longer options possible).
This bike tour takes you to a volcano, hidden waterfalls and country towns. It also includes an optional: hike above the beach; waterfall walk and swim; and an afternoon side tour to see Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles. It's a mix of challenging and easier rides with lots free time to hang out on the beach, shop or just relax.
This tour is for you if you:
- want to improve your cycling skills and build cycling fitness
- feel comfortable riding a in a small group (or near the group)
- can bike an average of 12 to 17 mph over the course of the day on sometimes hilly terrain from 2 to 5 hours in a day
- have prepared by riding your bicycle regularly
- are prepared to ride in the sun and wind
- are prepared to bring your own (well-maintained) road bike with newer tires (GGG can help you get a high-end rental bike from a local shop, but availability is limited. Reserve early)
- enjoy being in a supportive, fun environment with men and women
- have a sense of adventure, spontaneity and fun