The 5th Annual Mayor's Cup Pickleball Tournament
July 15 – 25, 2020
Butler Park, 7500 S. 2700 E., CWH, UT 84121
Run by the Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center, this is a recreation-based tournament for beginning and experienced players alike. Come play, hang out and have fun! This tournament is not sanctioned, meaning specifically that players opt into their desired level of competition and there are no on-court officials.
$30/Team for Doubles, $20/player for Singles.
Registration opens at 12pm MST on Friday, June 12 and is ONLINE ONLY via the REGISTER button on this page.
All teams will need to be ready to play by 5:30pm on weeknights, and plan on games tentatively running through 10pm. For Saturdays, games will start as early as 7:30am, running tentatively through 12pm.
Registration closes Thursday, July 9. Match schedule released on Friday, July 10.
3.0-3.5 divisions will use the Onix 2, 4.0 and up will use the Dura ace.
COVID-19 - Pickleballers love to socialize, and we totally get that! Due to the nature of the a tournament however, with its general crowd size and social gathering tendencies, we do need to ensure the safety of all our participants.
- Assuming we are still in the Yellow phase of the State of Utah's guidelines come July 15-25, we're asking only participating players to be on site for the duration of the tournament. Unless communicated otherwise directly from tournament staff, please do not allow family members/and or non-participating friends to join you at the park.
- Players should social distance as much as possible when not playing/waiting to play.
- Wearing a mask while not playing is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- It's gonna be hot! Tournament will provide additional shade options (pop-up tents, etc.) to help avoid the clusters of people under trees.
- Tournament will provide bottled water and pre-packaged refreshments only; no water coolers, open food packaging, etc.
- Balls will be brand new from a package or sanitized prior to being distributed for play, and players are encouraged to disinfect their personal equipment before and after each match.
- It's kind of a gross thing anyways, but please do everything in your power to not spit on the court surfaces, on the fences, anywhere but directly into a garbage can.
- Tournament will provide sanitizing materials, such as spray bottles and towels.
- Additional on-site precautions will be taken and will be communicated to participants as appropriate.